- Removal Proceedings
- Adjustment of Status
- Victims of Crimes, Victims of Domestic Violence
- Family-Based Petitions/Adjustment of Status
- BIA Appeals
- Asylum, Withholding, Convention Against Torture (CAT)
- Deferred Action, Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- Waivers / Cancellation of Removal (EOIR 42B/EOIR 42A)
- Deportation Defense, Stays of Removal
Raised in Miami, Florida, Ms. Alvarez began pursuing her legal career to become a first generation attorney. While in law school, Ms. Alvarez worked diligently to achieve academic success, including earning performance based scholarships and making the Dean's List. Her dedication to her academic goals allowed her to become first a member of the Greenbook Journal and later rise to Editor of the Greenbook Journal.
During her time in law school, Ms. Alvarez focused her studies on issues concerning international law and human rights, ultimately achieving an International Law Concentration. Her focus on these international issues naturally led her to focus on a career in Immigration Law.
Following law school, Ms. Alvarez joined the Law Offices of Sandra Echevarria, and began providing deportation defense to the community. Ms. Alvarez worked defending immigrant rights, defending individuals placed in removal proceedings, individuals facing deportation, families adjusting status, victims of crimes, victims of domestic violence, various waivers and pardons, as well as litigating before the Executive Office for Immigration Review (EOIR), and filing appeals to the Board of Immigration Appeals (BIA). Ms. Alvarez has proved to be a highly distinguished attorney, frequently arguing and winning cases before EOIR, as well as cases and appeals before USCIS.
- Nova Southeastern University Shepard Broad Law Center, Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
- J.D. - 2016
- Florida International University, Miami, Florida
- Honors: cum laude
- Major: Political Science, with Certificates in Latin American and Caribbean Studies, and European Studies
- Florida, 2017
- Florida Bar, Present
- Associate Attorney